Consultant Resume - JOHN S. PHILLIPS
Revelation Systems Inc. revsi.com
• Desire a position in database administration, development, and modeling in environments including Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase, PeopleSoft, Oracle Applications, and SAP.
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
• Over twenty-five years of professional experience in database and system administration, database modeling, systems analysis, integration, management, software development, PeopleSoft, Oracle Applications, SAP, accounting system conversions, technical writing, quality control, and computer hardware design in the Oracle, Unix/Linux, MS SQL Server, Sybase, and Windows environments. Over sixteen years experience in database administration, architecture, development, and modeling. Strong experience in online and batch systems in database-intensive, multi-tier environments.
Revelation Systems Inc. — March 1995 to Present • Consultant
• Clients include Logicon, General Dynamics/GDE, First Data, Alegent Health, Mutual of Omaha, Kiewit Construction, Borden Foods (OH), Hon Manufacturing (IA), Raytheon, Shopko/Pamida, Rentway (PA), Omaha Public Schools, Terra Industries (IA), Nebraska Department of Labor, ConAgra, HDR, CampusHub, West, Dex/Qwest, Ball Aerospace (CO), Universal Warranty, Leo Daly, Election Systems and Software, Legent Clearing, TDAmeritrade, NE-IA Industrial, and House of Brick Technologies.
• Performed Oracle 7, 8i, 9i, 10g, and 11g database administration on Unix/Linux, Windows, and in the VMware virtual environment. Installed, created, monitored, and upgraded Oracle databases. Developed Recovery Manager (RMAN) and cold backup procedures and scripts for the Unix/Linux environment, and performed database recovery for development and production systems. Performed database cloning and refreshes using RMAN online backups and cold backups. Installed and administered Enterprise Manager Grid Control. Installed and administered high availability architectures, including Real Application Clusters (RAC), Automated Storage Management (ASM), and DataGuard in Oracle 9i, Oracle 10g, and Oracle 11g. Planned and implemented disaster recovery architectures. Performed Unix/Linux administration for the Oracle environment. Provided application and user production support in environments including PeopleSoft, Oracle Applications, SAP, and custom software. Provided training for Oracle administration and Unix.
• Performed MS SQL Server 6.5, 7, 2000, 2005, and 2008 administration in the Windows and VMware environments. Installed, created, and administered, and upgraded databases. Developed backup procedures and scripts, and performed database recovery for development and production systems. Provided application and user production support, development support, and DBA training. Performed database and server tuning. Provided user and security administration. Administered SQL Server in complex environments including ERPs such as PeopleSoft, and high-availability environments including mirroring and log-shipping. Performed Oracle to SQL Server database and software conversions. Performed Windows Server administration. As a Certified Sybase DBA, performed Sybase 10, 11, 12, and Open Server administration in the Unix environment.
• Performed Oracle and SQL Server database development on Unix/Linux and Windows. Developed database software, triggers, stored procedures, and functions using PL/SQL, Pro-C, T-SQL, Visual Basic scripts, jobs, OLE-based interfaces, Data Transformation Services (DTS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Loader, SQR, and Unix scripts. Performed monitoring/tuning for online and batch applications, using tools such as Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control (including ADDM, AWR, and ASH), Statspack, TOAD, SQL Enterprise Manager and Management Studio, SQL Profiler, SQL Navigator, DB Artisan, Unix performance tools, Windows performance tools, and other vendor tools. Performed data consolidation, centralization, and migrations, including ETL tasks such as mapping, extraction, and loading from heterogenous sources. Developed legacy interface and conversion software. Performed system and data conversions for PeopleSoft, Deltek Vision, Activant Prophet21, and other custom systems. Developed Crystal Reports software.
• Performed relational database modeling and implementation. Worked with data analysts to develop models, quality control procedures, and build software. Built and enhanced databases from physical models. Tools include System Architect, ERwin, ERStudio, Power Designer, and Visio.
• As a technical team leader, performed requirements analysis, planning, scheduling, and reporting. Developed requirements, design, testing, and maintenance documentation. Implemented quality control procedures, including software change control and migration procedures. Provided mentoring and training in multiple areas including Oracle, SQL Server, Unix, and PeopleSoft.
• Performed PeopleSoft 6, 7.x, and 8.x implementation, development, and support for Human Capital Management (HCM), Payroll, Accounts Payable (AP), Purchasing, General Ledger (GL), and other PeopleSoft Financials modules. Environments include Oracle, MS SQL Server, Unix, and Windows.
• As a PeopleSoft DBA, performed Oracle and MS SQL Server administration. Provided database and SQL performance tuning for batch and on-line processes using hints, database file I/O leveling, indexes, SQL tuning, etc. Developed tools to identify and analyze offending SQL. Performed administration and troubleshooting for client PCs, file servers, application servers, Tuxedo, web servers, Process Scheduler, database servers, and PeopleSoft software.
• As a PeopleSoft developer, performed production support, conversion and interface development and support; data mapping, and PeopleTools development and support. Developed PeopleTools software using PeopleCode; Application Engine; page, record, menu, and security tools; and Process Scheduler. Developed SQR and Crystal Reports software for database importing, exporting, reporting, and interfaces. Developed HR, Payroll, and AP interfaces to external systems, including General Ledger. Provided PeopleTools training. Performed security administration; application, database, and PeopleTools upgrades; PeopleSoft software migrations; and change control implementation. Isolated problems using tools including Application Designer Debugger, 2/3/4-tier tracing, and operating system/database tools. Provided Financials and HR/Payroll implementation and production support, including development and troubleshooting. Additional experience includes Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) and bank reconciliation.
• In the SAP environment, performed data migration/ETL, interfacing, MS SQL Server administration and development, and Oracle development in support of SAP R/3 Supply Chain data migration. Provided development and administration for the BackOffice CranSoft/Cranberry ETL system. Performed software development, tuning, and extracts for SAP data in the Oracle environment.
NetShops — April 2006 to February 2007 • Oracle DBA
• As lead Oracle DBA, performed Oracle 10g R1/R2 database administration on Linux and Windows in the Oracle Applications 11i and data warehouse environments. Storage systems include RAID-5, RAID-10, and EMC Storage Area Networks (SANs). Also performed MS SQL Server administration. Performed Oracle installations and upgrades. Performed Oracle Applications 11i administration, including installation, monitoring, cloning, and troubleshooting. Implemented Oracle backup, recovery, cloning, and disaster recovery strategies using Recovery Manager (RMAN), Unix scripts, and Oracle Enterprise Manager. Implemented Data Guard and parallel hosts for failover of database and application servers. Provided database and ETL support for data warehouse implementation in the Oracle Warehouse Builder 10g and Oracle Discoverer environment.
Modis — June 1994 to February 1995 • Consultant
• Planned and designed migration of mainframe applications to the Unix client/server environment. Developed Sybase software—including application programming interfaces (APIs), stored procedures, and triggers—using Open Client, C, SQL, and Unix scripts. Performed database design.
PRC Inc. — 1980 to 1994 • Senior Engineer, Project Leader, Programmer/Analyst
• Developed and maintained X-Windows, Sybase, and Unify software using the C, SQL, LEX, YACC, Unix script, and LISP languages in various Unix client/server environments. Provided database and Unix system administration. Formed and managed development and maintenance teams. Developed requirements, design, testing, maintenance, and security documentation. Performed Unix and PC administration, user support, and training for in-house personal computers, workstations, and networks. Developed system and hardware diagnostics using C and assembler languages. Developed microprocessor-based computer boards for parallel-processing systems.